08 October 2020
Restrictions and the current transmission of Covid-19 mean a postponement of the agricultural industry’s largest fair and meeting place, Agromek, which should have taken place in MCH Messecenter Herning from 19-22 January 2021.
Agromek 2018 - Wiegaarden
Agromek has through more than 40 years gathered the agricultural industry, its suppliers, customers and business partners in MCH Messecenter Herning, and the next edition of Agromek should have taken place 19-22 January 2021, but the Covid-19 situation has put a halt to it, announces the management of Agromek.
The decision regarding the postponement is made in the light of yet another Covid-19 press conference, where the Covid-19 restrictions were extended, and where the Danish Minister of Health announced that these restrictions had no prospect of concessions for the rest of the year. This statement has created further uncertainty, and the chairman emphasizes simultaneous, that the decision regarding the postponement has been made after many considerations and have been on the way for a while.
The decision concerning the postponement is met with great support by the group of owners behind Agromek, Danish Agro Industry and Danish Agriculture and Food Council. The chairman of the Danish Agro Industry, Jens-Peter Lundgaard, notes that the postponement happens despite a great interest for visiting the fair.
At the Danish Agriculture and Food Council the chairman, Martin Merrild, call the postponement for a sad but understandable consequence of the current situation, but at the same time he is positive towards Agromek’s future prospects.
Agromek was in 2018 visited by 40,214 visitors from 51 countries and had 540 exhibitors.
Fact box: Great support to Agromek among the fair’s stakeholders
SAMSON Agrolize A/S
“It is a reasonable decision to postpone Agromek 2021. Agromek is and has always been an important fair for SAMSON. After this year’s spring and summer without any fairs we had really been looking forward to presenting SAMSON’s product news and not least meet existing as well as making new relations. But in the light of the current Covid-19 situation and with the restrictions which would have influenced Agromek, I think it is right to make the decision now, before we, as exhibitors, really start spending money at our stand, production and preparation of machines.”
Henrik Kirketerp-Møller, Managing Director
“It is a responsible decision, which we support 100%. Agromek is traditionally a fair with great social contact and at the same time a great investment, which we should profit by. This we have done every time until now, but we have been uncertain of the profit in January. In the current situation, it is therefore the right decision to postpone Agromek already now.”
Dan Hamann, Director
New Holland/CNH Industrial
“From New Holland Denmark’s part, we have great respect for and support the decision, that Agromek has made to postpone the fair. We have no doubt about that Agromek has done everything they can to prepare a fair where Covid-19 unfortunately is an unwanted guest. In the light of the recent development within the transmission of Covid-19 it is, however, a responsible decision to postpone the fair, but of course not an easy decision to make. In relation to that several other European fairs also have chosen to postpone their activities on a similar background, it is easy to see the logic of the postponement.”
Thomas Pedersen, Marketing Manager, Denmark and Sweden
All festivities are apparently shut down at the time being. At Scantruck we had all looked forward to participating at Agromek in January 2021. The year 2020 has been a year without any agricultural shows and other fairs, so we thirst for being able to meet our costumers and colleagues, therefore it is very sad that Agromek also are postponed. We pack our party clothes for next winter half-year and are certain that there will be a proper “party”. We are ready to be a part of the next Agromek and will do some extra.”
Bo Sundroos, Managing director
“Agromek means a lot to us, but all our employees and customers health means more, and therefore we are delighted that Agromek is postponed. Anything else would be irresponsible.”
Hugo S. Holm, Managing director
JH Agro A/S
“Agromek is one of the most important fairs for JH Agro. Here we primarily meet our Scandinavian customers and business relations, and it is an outstanding opportunity to keep yourself up to date on the latest news within the agricultural industry. We support the postponement of Agromek 100%. First and foremost, because it is in time, but also because it shows respect for the exhibitor’s benefit from participating at the fair.”
Lars Rahbæk, CEO
Lely Nordic A/S
“In the current very uncertain situation with Covid-19 and the different shifting restrictions and transmission of Covid-19, then it is a reasonable decision to postpone Agromek 2021 from January to later. Actually, there are no other option, and for us, as exhibitors, the preparations start now, so the announcement regarding the postponement is just-in-time. We have used Agromek partly to present our products for new potential customers and partly as a meeting point for existing customers.”
Jan Brøgger Rasmussen, Managing director
Herborg Smede- og Maskinforretning
“We are of course tired of that our fairs are cancelled in a row, but we also put the safety of our customers first, so it is fully understandable that Agromek chooses to postpone the fair. It is not easy in these times. Agromek has always been a good fair for us where we have signed sale contracts and presented products. We are missing this display window right now, and we miss the contact to many of those customers we meet at the fair, so we look forward to hearing more about the new date.”
Keld Andersen, Director
Danish Agro Machinery
- Danish Agro Machinery, who among other things exhibit Claas products, fully supports the decision to postpone Agromek. We were looking forward to Agromek, however with the current regulations, it is a responsible and unquestionably the right decision. Agromek is of immense importance to Danish machinery activities, and we have always utilized Agromek as a platform to create connections with new customers and have a good talk about machinery with existing customers. Nevertheless, in the interest of our customers, employees and suppliers, it is unquestionably right decision made by the management of MCH and board of directs of Agromek.
Michael Husfeldt, CEO
- Agromek is an important fair for us, therefore we were looking forward to meeting customers and partners at the cattle exhibition - as usual. We fully support the decision about postponing the expo and we also fully understand this – it is the only right thing to do in present circumstances. We are already looking forward to the next expo.
Lisbet Holm, Vice President
- Agromek is one of the expos that attract many visitors, and an fair we must safeguard. We deeply respect the decision to postpone the fair, as we believe that it is for the best for all parties to organize the fair as we know it when the conditions are right again. Agromek has always been of great importance to us, as it is here that farmers take the time to talk to us and see all product news. We are of course incredibly sad for not being able to meet the industry in January, however we are in stead looking forward to the next time.
Robert Kjaergaard, Sales Director
The Association of Danish Agricultural Machinery Dealers
- In present circumstances with a lot of uncertainty, it is the only right decision to postpone Agromek. Agromek is the most important unifying fair for the entire machinery dealer industry, and therefore I as well look forward to being able to come to Agromek again. The industry needs a strong showcase for our many customers, and Agromek represents the best. In recent years, Agromek also become one of the most important aspects of our recruitment efforts.
Klaus Nissen, Director
- SKIOLD understands the reason why Agromek wants to postpone the fair in 2021 and supports the decision.
Heidi Agerbaek, Marketing Coordinator
- We have really looked forward to Agromek in January 2021, however we find it sensible to postpone the fair, as with the short-term restrictions we are uncertain as to number of visitors from home and abroad. We are now looking forward to the fair and a time when we again can meet our customers, discuss solutions and showcase technology in a more normal world.
Niels Agerbo Nielsen, CEO
Agromek is postponed